Everyone can Use The "T" Word....It's The One That Won't get You Dirty Looks!;)

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Big Sister I Always Had...

Wednesday,Feb3rd, my biggest dream came true...I finally got the chance to meet my role model(aka Big sister in my head)If you know me, you know that I LOVE Tyra like a sister and although that may be hard to believe in that she isn't related to me,all that she stands for and all that shes's done for young women all over the world has had an impact on me like no other.I want to tell you EVERYTHING that happened every second we were there..but if I did many of you wouldn't watch and the producers may have a bone to pick with me;). So...instead I will just tell you about how much fun it was meeting the other four ladies and how we all share the same love for Tyra!...The show was partly about her Superfans,which are BEYOND the levels of a "BIGGEST" fans(I bet that says a lot huh?)So of course we had to step up to the plate and show that we weren't just your averege fans...and we did just that!You would have thought we were at boot camp but our love is so strong for her that instead it translated to us as if we were writing our ABC's.Arriving in NYC that Monday night was so amazing to me...many that know me know me also know that I have a slight...ok,MAJOR addiction to NYC,it's constant buzzing,chaos and lights!I just love that place and being able to go and see Tyra all in one was creating what would be the best time of my life to date!When I arrived in NYC and I couldn't wait to meet my twitter sisters who LOVE Tyra just as much as me...I was so happy to meet them! Teah and Emily were just as I expected them to be...Cool,down to earth Tyra lovers!!! The next day we had to do some shooting for the show(wont give details about that) but I'll show you a pic of me,teah and Emily at Tyra's studio after our hair and makeup! Aren't we fierce???!
We also got to meet two of the coolest Cali girls,Sanam and Morgan..who are also superfans!! Here they are the first day of shooting..we heart them so much!!!<3
and of course Teah(the photog) snapped a fierce pic of me  in the van;)
After our day of filming some inside extras for the show,we were free to go out and about and see NYC..but guess what?...we were pooped!We lounged until about 12am and then decided to go out and see the beautiful city we adore so much!!Me and Teah perused around the city until we reached Times Square where we looked like obvious tourists,taking pictures of things natives would usually pass right by without even an ounce of excitement...for instance.....
YES...that's snow..and to us...this was "cool" but people were looking at us as if to say"what do they find exciting about a lit up building!?"...We didn't care,and the photog(Teah) kept snapping away!
The magic of these streets cannot be explained...
I was so curious to see what he was making!...sad part is...I never figured it out...

But I'm assuming Teah did because she had a KoolAid smile on her face :D

After our destinationless trip throughout the city(as we called it) we headed back to the hotel...and almost immediately our nerves took control of us.The next day we were going to come face to face...physically meet the woman we have looked up to for so many years..I didn't know if I was nervous because I was going to be staring my idol right in her  face...or because I thought I might swallow all my words once the camera came on and just begin to tell her the thousands of reasons why I admire and respect her...I was just so excited and honored that SHE chose me and wanted the world to see how much we stand for what she does.I can't explain the emotions I was feeling but it was definitely a combination and I could not wait to see how it would translate once I walked onto the stage.The moment I walked on to that stage and saw my idol...the woman I look up to like a big sister..the one I will argue a complete stranger down for...the one who has me running from class to make sure I don't miss a beat of the show...I felt nothing but happiness and honor.I could not believe this was happening to me and the feeling I got when I walked out onto that stage...I never felt before...EVER.When I got closer to her and she opened her arms to embrace a hug and said my name...it felt like probably how people feel when they win the lottery!I was the happiest person in the world and my smile told that to the whole audience.That hug confirmed everything...our love and admiration for the work Tyra does was all over our faces ,but her hug was so appreciative and loving and I could feel that she appreciated us too.After that introduction my nerves calmed down a bit,but the excitement went nowhere..in fact,it's still here as I'm typing!I could not stop smiling...people probably thought I was crazy...but at least I was a happy crazy person!The moment I saw the tears fall from Emily's eyes and saw Tyra begin to tear up I felt the lump in my throat but I said "NO Tina,do not cry!"...I could hear the words of the producer in my head"do not cry ugly" lol..and I KNOW that my cry is not pretty so I sucked it up,and let it pass..It was just too surreal...I still don't believe it happened.The show was amazing and being able to spend time with Tyra and talk to her about how she has inspired us and encouraged us was more than I could possibly ask for.I want to tell you ALL of the details but I want you guys to watch the show and see for yourself how much she means to us.On the train ride home I just kept reliving the moment...thanking God and trying to figure out what I did to deserve for MY dream to come true.As I thought and thought I couldnt't come up with an answer that was right or wrong so I decided to just take it all in...and appreciate what had just happened to me.When I woke up the next morning...back in my dorm room...the place I had left with a dream...I looked around and asked myself"did this really happen??" and the only way I would allow myself to prove it was true,was to look over to my dresser and see this...
It was not a dream...I did not need to be pinched..I had met my idol,..my role model..the big sister I always had... <3

I love Tyra forever more and the inspiration I get from her is so much appreciated and valued so highly..

SignedX___TyrasLilSis___ xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment